Thursday 14 June 2012

Library visit

Headed down to the library at Nex on 12/June/2012 evening to research more about fashion designing. After rummaging shelves of books for 45 minutes, i borrowed 4 books that hopefully will be useful to me.


1. Figure Poses For Fashion Illustrators

I borrowed this book because i had difficulty with the fashion figures and this book allows me to trace the figure templates. Life is then made simpler for me as time is not on my side. 9 days to submission and i'm starting to panic.


2. Fashion Design Essentials

This book is helpful to me because it teaches me the fundamentals to fashion designing. Such as the five primary areas of investigation and how it cultivates creativity. The primary areas are thought, inventory, technique,artistry and navigation.


3. The Poetry of Fashion Design


4. Atlas of Fashion Designers
 Lastly, i borrowed both books with similar content. It shows pictures of designed apparels by designers. Hopefully i will be able to draw out some inspiration from it.

For the next few days, i will be studying these few books trying to gain knowledge and inspiration through these pages.

(All pictures were taken from my iphone app: Instagram)

1 comment: